The state-of-the-art Canberra Airport terminal is certainly the best of its kind in the region, if not the world. Not only is it functional and efficient, it ia a place of interest and calm, with world-class sculptures, landscaped gardens, and stunning water features. It is approximately a 15 minutes journey from Canberra Airport to the city centre.
Transport Canberra runs regular ACTION bus services between the Canberra Airport terminal and city bus station seven days a week. The bus numbers are 11 & 11A and full time table is available here. Cash fares are available and payment can be made on the bus, at time of travel. Ticket prices are:
- Adult single fare: $4.90. Daily ticket: $9.40
- Concession, Tertiary, School Student single fair: $2.40. Daily ticket: $4.70
Canberra taxi cabs can take you wherever you need to go and to catch a taxi, use a taxi rank where the clearly marked cars are parked and ready for dispatch. You can also phone ahead or book online. Canberra taxis and cabs accept payment by credit cards, Cabcharge vouchers, cash and electronic funds transfer.Some suggested taxi companies include:
Uber is available from Canberra Airport. Request a pick-up or obtain an estimate from the Uber app. New users can sign up for an Uber account here. Your Uber driver will pick you up from the Express Pick-up car park, located on the ground floor of the green IndoorPark, a short 20 metre covered walk from the arrivals hall.
Some Canberra hotels provide coach transfers to and from the airport. Just ask the hotel representative when making your reservation.
Canberra is 10 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time and does operate Daylight Savings Time.
Climate and Clothing
In Canberra, the average temperatures for Winter (Jun-Aug) is 12ºC (53.6ºF).
Canberra shops are typically open from 9000 to 1730 hours during the week with late night shopping in the CBD until 2100 hours on Friday nights. Weekend trading hours are usually from 0900 to 1700 hours on Saturdays and 1000 to 1600 hours on Sundays.
Bistros, restaurants, cafes and coffee shops offer varied menus, prices and decor. Local specialties such as seafood and Australian wines are worth trying. At some restaurants you can keep the liquor bill down by taking your own wine or beer. These are called “BYO” restaurants, an abbreviation for “bring your own”.
Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that at the time you register for the Conference and book your travel you take out an insurance policy of your choice. The policy should include
- loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of your participation in the conference,
- or through cancellation of the conference,
- loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason,
- loss of tour monies through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services strikes within Australia,
- failure to utilise tours or pre booked arrangements due to airline delay, Force Majeure or any other reason,
- medical expenses (including sickness and accident cover),
- loss or damage to personal property,
- additional expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered.
The Conference managers cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange their own insurance. This insurance is to be purchased in your country of origin.
The official and most widely spoken language in Australia is English, and is also the official language for the Conference.
The Conference hosts and organisers have arranged for photography onsite throughout the Conference. The images may be used for post-Conference reports, case studies, marketing collateral and supplied to industry media if requested. If you do not wish for your photo to be taken, please inform an Arinex staff member at the registration desk onsite.
Australia operates under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended, and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches), 2017. The objective of these is to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Europe operates under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. The GDPR aims primarily to give protection to citizens over their personal data. The legislation was adopted on 27 April 2016.
The Conference Managers comply with these legislations and are committed to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information.
Arinex will not sell your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will promptly correct the information. You may also withdraw your consent for use of your information by advice to us in writing.
Why do we wish you to provide your information?
We require your information to facilitate provision of information to you regarding the Conference and to facilitate your participation in the Conference. Information collected in respect of your proposed participation in any aspect of the Conference will be used for the purposes listed below. You can give or withhold your consent for each or all of these uses. Please indicate your preferences when completing your registration form but please note that we will be unable to forward any information relating to the Conference or to communicate with you regarding your registration if you select ‘no’ to point 1.
What we will do with your information?
- Planning and conduct of the Conference including arrangements for your participation (e.g. accommodation booking);
- In the Delegate List published for the Conference;
- May also be provided to organisers of future occurrences of this Conference;
- May be used to provide you with information of other relevant events in your area of interest.
- The parties who will have access to your information (subject to your preference selections on above points) are the Conference Managers, the Conference host organisation (points 1 and point 4), delegates, sponsors and exhibitors of the Conference (point 2) and any future organisers of the Conference (point 3).
The parties mentioned above will rely on your above consent indications for the purposes of compliance.
- You may withdraw your granular consent at any time by notice in writing to the Conference Managers.
- You are entitled to access the information held by written application to the Conference Managers.
For further information please click here see our detailed corporate Privacy Statement.
Here is a link to an Interactive Google Map which shows accommodation options, restaurants, institutions and other meeting spaces that are available around Old Parliament House. By selecting categories on the left selection panel, you are able to display or hide some of the categories as you wish.